Sunday, December 26, 2010

Ice can be cool...

Whilst out walking our little terrier 'Herbie' today around some of the (frozen) local fields on what turned into one of the sunnier days of late I started to notice some of the fascinating patterns the ice had created in puddles.


And so....out came the 100mm macro lens and I set about trying to get some shots of the more interesting ones. I'm not over-keen on using the camera in such cold conditions as we've had recently but I only took a few shots before it was safely back in its bag with a little hand warmer to keep the interior dry and a reasonable temperature until I got home.




Ice formation
 



For anyone interested in such things the techy bit:
Canon 40d
Canon 100mm 1:2.8 USM Macro
Manual setting
White Balance: Daylight
1/100Sec
f16
ISO 200
Flash: Off

No comments: