Sunday, August 17, 2014

Just butterflies...


I wanted to share a few of the butterflies that I have photographed locally. I'll let the pictures speak for themselves...


Brimstone


Brimstone



Comma



Green veined White



Gatekeeper



Gatekeeper



Common Blue



Common Blue




Ringlet




Peacock



Peacock




Comma



Silver-washed Fritillary



Silver-washed Fritillary



Silver-washed Fritillary



Orange Tip



Clouded Yellow



Red Admiral



Gatekeeper



Small White



Clouded Yellow



Small Skipper



Speckled Wood



Common Blue



Meadow Brown



Holly Blue



Green-veined White

Until the next time...

7 comments:

A said...

Why the grass always appear greener on the other side? Really, its not that butterflies back here are not beautiful or varied, but still yours look so much more beautiful! Sure, credit goes to your photography as much as to these beautiful butterflies. Very nice collection.

JJ said...

Thanks for your comment-I am sure you have some wonderful butterflies too ;-)

Millymollymandy said...

What a lovely collection and fabulous photos. Love the Common Blue covered in dew, and I see what you mean about the tatty Silver-washed now! Clouded Yellows have such funky eyes and you can't beat a great photo of a Peacock - those ones are stunning. I haven't even seen a Common Blue this year and since the weather turned wet and then cooler, there are not so many butterflies around. Hopefully it will pick up!

JJ said...

Not using reply option ;-)

Thanks for your lovely comments here. Yes, I didn't actually see a pristine clouded yellow the day I photographed them but there are lots of common blue here, saw some just yesterday. Still time of course-I found a fresh batch of large white larvae on my nasturtiums yesterday!

Amanda Peters said...

Hi JJ, they are all just stunning, I keep going over them and I can not choose, thank you for posting such great photos.. do you get the idea I like them :)
Amanda xx

JJ said...

Hi Amanda-thanks so much for the uplifting comment here. You are very kind with your words...

Anonymous said...

Absolutely stunning JJ!! A fantastic variety and each is beautifully photographed! Love the Brimstones in particular and the dewy blue too!

Maria