Friday, January 04, 2019

Publish and be damned...

This is a little extra update that I began working on before Christmas, but didn't get to complete until now. It is one that I was thinking I would probably not publish cos of its brevity and somewhat restricted subject matter. But then I thought, what the heck! I may as well let you be the judge. Go ahead, I can take the criticism, honestly. 


A few days ago, I cannot remember exactly when it was, because I seem to have done so much in the past weeks that my brain is frazzled, but let's say it was last Thursday, 'cos that's my best guess: Anyhow, last Thursday(ish) I had occasion to visit West Kent College in Tonbridge. Knowing that the Haysden Country Park is close-by, I decided to throw the bike in the back of the car and cycle from the college to the park.

I only had an hour to spare and that's not much more than 60 minutes (see...not lost it completely), so it had to be a very quick skirt around just one part of the park. In fact, what am I saying...it was just one corner of the first lake! Still, here are the photos that I did take...






Water off a duck's back?

Alright then, water off a Greylag Gooses back if you prefer.



Then suddenly a group of about thirty flew in...





Not sure what species all those were and my photography skills were such that there probably isn't enough detail here to tell. It was impressive to see though.

That unfortunately was all I had time for. Before I knew it, it was time to knock myself out riding my bike back to the college. I did spot this little grey squirrel in the car park though...





No comments: