Saturday, July 18, 2020

I gotta get back to the garden. Take care of the world that's taking care of me...

I thought for this update I would change things up a little and share with you one particular day from my rather small, but very busy garden. This is going to be short on text but big on photographs. 


Here we go then, it's July 17th of 2020 and this is a reflection of that day...



















On Cosmos (not sure of bug species)



One of many on the Nasturtiums right now


















On Cosmos again








It was a real treat to find these on the Woundwort plants. I knew I had Woundwort Shieldbugs, but this is the first year I have found Hairy Shieldbugs in the garden.




One of many Hoverflies seen today, but I have more chance of knitting fog than identifying most of these!





The 'Andromeda Lacebug', found on Japonica. This species is a fairly recent arrival in the UK and was first recorded in 1998. It is native to Japan, where it feeds on Pieris japponica and has been introduced into the USA and Europe via the plant trade.



Several batches of eggs in the garden today



































Looks huge here but actually less than 5mm


















No comments: