Monday, September 12, 2022

Welcome to the 'I couldn't think of a title' blog update...

 Hello!

I have been writing and publishing these blog updates for more than a decade now, but this one is going to be different, very different.

There have been some seismic changes to both the world, and my own personal circumstances that have me wondering what it's all about, and I am sure that many of us will be feeling the same way.

It brings into sharp focus the superficiality and frivolousness of sitting here hour after hour constructing these updates. 

And so, I am seriously contemplating the usefulness of continuing to do so, both for you dear reader, and myself as author.

For now though, I do have a good many photos that I feel I can share, and as I am short on words, (never thought I would write that) I will let the pictures do the talking...


A tiny nymph I discovered in my garden: possibly  Deraeocoris lutescens





Superb looking Jumping spider in the house: possibly Pseudeuophrys sp? But keep in mind that I currently feel brain-dead!



Next, a couple of Common blue butterflies...





And a few images against a dark background by way of a change...











Deraeocoris ruber nymph: probably! Once again though...who knows? Not me!




It's a Damselfly ;-)


And a late-evening butterfly (Gatekeeper) photo...




I do happen to know that these are pictures of a Red-legged shieldbug nymph...











Just because I rarely see one: a male Garden spider






Odd looking fly (Look who's talkin')



More flies...being flies and doing what flies do...







Issus hopper (If I forget what this one is called, you'll know for sure I've lost the plot)




Okay. That's all. Thanks for partaking.

Much love
JJ. 

4 comments:

Stevie said...

Much love to you too JJ. Stevie xxx

Bison said...

Hi JJ. I don't know what you're dealing with, but I've found that when faced with the really big stuff, the events and situations that threaten to overwhelm, it's precisely the "superficiality and frivolousness" of projects like writing up a blog entry that can provide a refuge and a shift in focus. In the jaws of a crisis it can feel like all the little things are pointless, but that's when it's more important than ever to be able to say 'Hey, there's an interesting weevil.', get the camera out, and do what you do. There's great value in this blog of yours JJ, for the readers, and for you. Keep going man.

JJ said...

Hi Stevie,

Thanks so much for this. XX

JJ said...

Bison,

This is such a helpful comment to get! I really appreciate you taking time to write your thoughts and perhaps help to crystallise my own.

Best wishes,
JJ.